Monday, September 14, 2009

CORRECTION: Beau Schmitz Not Signed

Last week we reported that Beau Schmitz had signed a two-way ECHL/AHL deal with the Rats. Well, we were wrong and we apologize.

The information seemed solid, as it came from Kyle Hanlin, the Hurricanes' Manager of Media Relations. Mr. Hanlin now informs us that his report was a mistake. He sends his apologies for the error:

I must apologize for the mistake regarding Beau Schmitz in my posting from Traverse City. For whatever reason, I had it in my head that Beau was one of the players that had been signed to a AHL/ECHL deal, but I was just flat wrong.

Honestly - thank you for writing and looking into the error. We're correcting it on the site now.

Thanks,
Kyle Hanlin
Keep an eye on next year's draft, though. The Canes still have a close eye on Schmitz in Plymouth.